Drinks in covered containers and light snacks are permitted in JMU Libraries, with the following exceptions:
- No drinks or snacks in specific areas as posted.
- Alcoholic drinks and tobacco or cigarette products of any kind are not permitted. Users are expected to follow the University's Smoking Regulations Policy (Policy 1111).
- Library users may not have food delivered to the library.
- Food and drink pose a risk to library collections, equipment, and furnishings. We ask that you act responsibly when consuming food and drink in the library.
- We value our relationships with Library Housekeeping staff. Please assist them and us by keeping the Libraries clean and neat. Please report spills to the main service desk.
- JMU Libraries recycle. Please deposit recyclables in appropriate receptacles.
This page last reviewed by Susan Nichols on 7/18/2012.