James Madison University
Libraries & Educational Technologies
Back to JMU Historical Collections Main Page
Archival collection numbers are composed of two to three letters designating the originating or source office, followed by a number designating the date of receipt in YY-MM-DD format.
A collection number that is highlighted has a more detailed inventory listing of contents linked to it.
R = Indicates that a collection has restrictions on its use. Restrictions are noted on the outside of the box.
See also the Manuscripts in Special Collections link for alumni and faculty manuscript collections, which are denoted with asterisks and printed in a purple font.
Affirmative Action Office
Annual Events Office
Anthony Seeger Campus School
College of Applied Science & Technology
College of Education
* 3 cassette tapes were removed from collection and housed in the media cabinet with other SdArch cassettes.
Field Services & Placement
JMU Women's Club
Kappa Delta Pi: International Honor Society in Education, dedicated to scholarship and excellence in education.
Library (Carrier Library)
Living Sciences Department
Madison Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies
President's Office; Documents Spanning Several Presidential Administrations:
President Samuel P. Duke
President G. Tyler Miller
President Ronald E. Carrier
President Linwood Rose
Public Relations (material from several offices)
Recordings and Oversize Images (Miscellaneous, by various offices)
Box 1 (Located in Media Cabinet in Special Collections)
#1 Withdrawn; video of President Carrier's inauguration 12/71 proved to be such poor quality as to be unusable and the content irretrievable.
#2 A&B, Roy Nichols, Founder's Day 1968;
#3 A&B, Clark Kerr, Wilson Hall 10/8/1971;
(#4 A&B, Miller Hall Dedication 4/26/75; moved to PR 2004- 0217)
#5, The Madison College Story;
#6, R. Carrier, Orientation 7/7/75;
(#7, G. T. Miller interview 7/14/82 by R. Dingledine and M. Caldwell with transcript, moved to PR 2004- 0217).
#8, (& copy), Dr. Raymond Dingledine on the history of JMU, 1983, with transcript. (added to HI 93-0407)
#9, M. D. Peterson, JMU Lecture 1976;
#10, Marching Royal Dukes, 1986.
#11 (VHS video), Classroom of the 21st Century, 1993 (2 copies). Also available at Memorial Hall Library.
#12, (video) 50th Reunion of Class of 1952 in May, 2002. (Some of graduates featured here appeared in the ca. 1955 video This is Madison.
#13, (video) Interview with Mary Spitzer Etter, Class of 1934, in 1996. See also "A Social History of Student Life" (Oral History), by Monica Malinowski, SdArch no. 7, and the Mary Spitzer Etter Papers, SC #5012.
Box 2 (Flat)
3 framed images:
- State Teachers College Glee Club at Winchester, 1931
- Albumen print of original campus drawing of Quad by architect Charles M. Robinson
- Albumen print of original campus drawing of academic village by Charles M. Robinson
Box 3 (Flat)
3 framed images:
- President Burruss
- President Duke
- Color photo on canvas of Mr. Chandler (?) signing name change to JMU? [c.1977]
[See primarily AA 99-0914]
- Committee and Department Self Study Reports to the Southern Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, A - G, 1961
- G - S, and Summary Report, 1961
- SAC Self-Evaluation Manual, 1980-1981
- Reports of Title IX, 1976
- Affirmative Action Employment Plan, 1978-1983
- Affirmative Action Employment Plan for Black and Female Classified Employees and Female Faculty, 1983
- Amendments to the Affirmative Action Student Plan, 1983
- Amendments to the Affirmative Action Employment Plan, 1983
- Narrative Assessment of the 1983 Amendments of the VA Plan for Equal Opportunity, 1984
- JMU Five Year Plan, 1985
- Career Planning and Placement, Follow-up Report, 1985
- Five Year Plan and Employment update reports, 1986
- JMU Five Year Plan, 1987
- College and Departmental Summaries, 1991
- Department Report: Information Technology, 1992
- SACS Report of the Reaffirmation Committee, 1992
- University Response to Reaffirmation Committee Recommendations, 1992
- Department Report: Institutional Research, 1993
- General Education Surveys, 1998
- Madison College Reorganization Report, 2004-2007
Student Government Association
Students - Memorabilia and General
[See also Stratford Players Collection, SP 98-0211]
James Madison University Libraries & Educational Technologies