Types of databases used for research:
- Library catalog - an inventory of what is owned. LEO is a catalog of books, videos, and other materials owned by JMU Libraries
- Article database - a database used for finding citations to articles in periodicals (journals, magazines, newspapers).
- Most databases give abstracts, or summaries, for each article.
- Many databases have full text of periodical articles.
- Reference book - the full-text of a reference book
- Statistical - includes statistics, financial information, census data
3 of 15
© James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA