What if my journal title is not listed in Periodical Locator?|
If your periodical title is not listed in Periodical Locator:
- Make sure that you searched for the title of the journal, magazine, or newspaper, not the title of the article.
- Check for spelling mistakes.
- If your title starts with an article (the, a, an, le, el, die, der), exclude it from your search.
- If your title includes punctuation, try excluding it.
- Consider searching for only a few words from the title with "Title Contains All Words" instead of "Title Begins With."
- Double-check with a title search in JMU Library Catalog. Although JMU Library Catalog does not offer a full listing of our periodicals, you may find an instance where JMU Library Catalog includes something that is accidentally excluded from Periodical Locator.
If we do not own a particular periodical, you can request an article from another library online using Interlibrary Loan. Allow 8-10 days for the article to arrive.
This page last reviewed by Jody Fagan on 07/19/2011.