Information Literacy Assignment Checklist
Does the assignment:
___relate to course objectives
___specifiy information literacy learning objectives
___require the student to find and use information to generate a product (paper, speech, brochure, debate etc.)
___provide guidance or instruction on sources to consult and search strategy
___have a clear set of instructions
Does the student:
___identify needed information
___find needed information
___evaluate the quality
___effectively utilize information
___observe ethical use of information
- making an assignment that frustrates students.
- making an assignment for which the library has no resources.
- having every student in the class research exactly the same topic.
Be sure to:
- test out the assignment before use.
- encourage students to ask the librarians for help.
For more information about the information literacy program, contact:
Director of Library Instruction