Information Literacy Assignment Checklist
Does the assignment:
- relate to course objectives
- specifiy information literacy learning objectives
- require the student to find and use information to generate a product (paper, speech, brochure, debate etc.)
- provide guidance or instruction on sources to consult and search strategy
- have a clear set of instructions
Does the student:
- identify needed information
- find needed information
- evaluate the quality
- effectively utilize information
- observe ethical use of information
- making an assignment that frustrates students.
- making an assignment for which the library has no resources.
- having every student in the class research exactly the same topic.
Be sure to:
- test out the assignment before use.
- encourage students to ask the librarians for help.
For more information about the information literacy program, contact:
Director of Library Instruction