Help and Information
MDID is an image repository used at JMU to discover and present images in a wide variety of learning spaces.
January 31, 2017: MDID Online Video Collection Retirement
On January 31, 2017, “legacy” MDID (mdid.cit.jmu.edu) was retired as a redundant platform for the "Online Video Collection." We have access to the videos in the collection through other platforms. Please refer to this guide for assistance updating any Online Video Collection video links.
- The new MDID will continue to operate as a service for the faculty and staff of JMU to store and deliver images.
Fall 2016 Update
On September 10, 2016, Libraries and Educational Technologies upgraded its MDID server and software to improve performance and ensure stability. As a result, many MDID links changed.
How to Update MDID Links
- Links to mdid.cit.jmu.edu need to be changed to mdid.lib.jmu.edu
- Links to specific items in MDID (other than items in the Online Video Collection) will need a similar change: just change the first part of the URL. Example:
- https://mdid.cit.jmu.edu/data/record/24173/r-8649070/ will become
- Any links with "megazine" in the URL will need to be updated as follows:
- https://mdid.cit.jmu.edu/viewers/megazine/11274/nimrod-warden-ledger-hardy-county-west-virginia-18/ will become
- Any links with "furiousflower" in the URL will need to be updated as follows:
- https://mdid.cit.jmu.edu/furiousflower/view/1994/118395/r-3781200/ will become
- https://mdid.cit.jmu.edu/furiousflower/ will become
- If you have links into the Shenandoah National Park Application or related records, please refer to this list of corrected links.
- Please contact us if you have questions or need help updating links.
If you are having trouble with the Desktop MediaViewer, be sure that the URL displayed on the login screen is the same as the URL in the image below, then click “Update” to save any changes. This is how Media Viewer should look: