Music Library Circulation Policies
*All users must be registered in the system in order to check-out materials. Anyone registered in the system can check-out print and audio materials to take out of the library (except periodicals, reference and special collections).
* Materials must be checked-out in the system in order to use in the library.
* You can ONLY be put in the system using YOUR information, and ONLY YOU can check-out on YOUR account, no proxies (i.e. cannot use a family members registration information OR account to check-out).
How to become a registered user (JMU users, Emeritus faculty and JMU affiliates are automatically registered):
Bring your driver’s license AND other ID (listed below) to be entered into our circulation system:
- Massanutten Regional Library Card (must be at least 18)
- RMH Employee ID
- Public & Private State Teachers (school ID)
- Blue Ridge Community College ID
- Bridgewater College ID
- Eastern Mennonite University ID
- Other colleges, universities - ask for supervisor
- Others by special permission – speak to supervisor on duty
*Registration will require renewing at the end of the academic year (for students) or 1 year from entry date (for non-students).
*Upon registration make sure to obtain your library ID number and PIN.
JMU users can borrow an unlimited number of materials. All others can borrow 6 items at a time.
- Loans and Fines Policy (Overdue notices are sent via e-mail to the address provided upon registration)
- Renew online OR call the circulation desk 540.568.6041
- To request an item, simply locate the item in the JMU Catalog, and click the "Request" icon at the top of the page. Login with your library ID number and PIN. You can select the library where you would like to retrieve materials [NOTE: available items may not be requested for pick-up at their home location]. For checked-out items, the system will automatically place a recall which will adjust the due-date to no less than 10 days and no more than 3 weeks (depending on how long the item has already been out) from date of request.
Materials can be returned to any campus library circulation desk (Music, Rose, Carrier or ETMC) as well as in the drop-box at the entrance of Carrier Library or in the drive-up drop-box located near Rose Library on Alumni Drive. Returns may also be mailed:
Music Library, MSC 7301
James Madison University
880 Sout Main St.
Harrisonburg, VA 22807