Music Library Circulation Policies
Anyone registered in the system can check-out print and audio materials to take out of the library (except periodicals, reference and special collections).
How to become a registered user (JMU users, Emeritus faculty and JMU affiliates are automatically registered):
Bring your driver’s license AND other ID (listed below) to be entered into our circulation system:
- Massanutten Regional Library Card (must be at least 18)
- RMH Employee ID
- State Teachers (school ID)
- Blue Ridge Community College ID
- Bridgewater College ID
- Eastern Mennonite University ID
- Others by special permission – speak to staff on duty
*Registration will require renewing at the end of the academic year (for students) or 1 year from entry date (for non-students).
*Upon registration make sure to obtain your library ID number and PIN.
JMU users can borrow an unlimited number of materials. All others can borrow 6 items at a time.
- Loan and Fines Policy (Overdue notices are sent via e-mail to the address provided upon registration)
Materials can be returned to any campus library circulation desk (Music, Rose, Carrier or ETMC) as well as in the drop-box at the entrance of Carrier Library or in the drive-up drop-box located near Rose Library on Alumni Drive
Music Library, MSC 7301
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
- Renew online OR call the circulation desk 540.568.6041
- To request/recall a checked-out item, simply locate the item in the JMU Catalog, and click the "Request" icon at the top of the page. You can select the library where you would like to retrieve materials. NOTE: You will need to provide your library ID number and PIN to complete the transaction. Upon request, the system will automatically place a recall which will adjust the due-date to no less than 10 days and no more than 3 weeks from date of request.
- Interlibrary Loan Services