Libraries & Educational Technologies
Academic Program Review
Libraries & Educational Technologies completed its comprehensive Academic Program Review in April 2007 with the release of the External Review Team Report. The Report is available to JMU faculty, staff, and students using a user ID and email password.
This Academic Program Review reflects the entire scope of the organization. The elements of the organization being reviewed include:
- Library collections, services, programs and facilities including the library liaison program, tangible holdings, online collections, current facilities and the new building now under construction on the east side of campus.
- The Center for Instructional Technology (CIT) and the development, training and instructional technology support programs and services offered to faculty.
- Technology classrooms, including digital projection systems, computers, display devices and software, in classrooms across the campus.
- Campus learning systems such as Blackboard, MDID, Centra, Tegrity and new online collaboration tools in addition to programs and services in support of online learning.
- Academic software, data sets, and multimedia content licensed and managed on behalf of students and faculty, for example, SPSS, SAS, Maple, MicroCASE, WRDS, RefWorks, ICPSR, Films Media Group etc.
The Self Study Report is available:
Libraries & Educational Technologies Self Study Report 2006 (MS Word, 2.5MB)
Members of the Team included 2 JMU members and 4 members external to the university.
Dr. Linda Halpern, Chair, External Review Team
Dean, JMU University Studies and General Education
Dr. Linda Hulton, Associate Professor of Nursing, JMU
Ms. Joan Getman, Senior Strategist for Learning Technologies, Cornell University
Dr. Patricia Iannuzzi, Dean, University Libraries, University of Nevada-Las Vegas
Dr. Lynne O’Brien, Director, Academic Technology & Instructional Services, Duke University
Mr. Jim Robertson, Director of University Web Services, New Jersey Institute of Technology
Any questions may be directed to the co-chairs of the internal self-study team, Sarah Cheverton, (phone at 540/568-3393 or email at email@example.com) or Sharon Gasser (phone at 540/568-6160 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org).