1. Develop your research topic.
2. Find out what resources are available for your topic's subject area, and get to know your librarian.
3. Search a research database or resource, if you haven't already.
[Need help with search techniques? See "Preparing for Keyword Searching"]
4. Still need to find full text for citations you've found?
While you research, look for the Check for Full Text icon within our research databases. If you still need to find full text from outside our research databases:
- Books: Use JMU Library Catalog to look up the locations of books and other items in JMU Libraries.
- Articles: Locate full text for an article using its citation
- Anything JMU doesn't own: Use Interlibrary Loan and we will get it for you from another library