Email Alerts and Saved Searches
Most of our library databases and JMU Library Catalog have a way to save your favorite searches for future use. If you create a personal account with that database, you may even be able to sign up for “alerts” when new items match your favorite search. Please do not use your eID and passwords for personal database accounts. Below are instructions for some of the most common database accounts.
- To receive an email each time new items of interest to you are added to JMU Library Catalog, you need to create a Preferred Search (Saved Search):
- Login to My Library Account.
- Type in the text box or click on Search Catalog and search for a word, author, or subject of interest.
- In the Search Results display, click on the Save as Preferred Search button near the search box at the top of the screen.
- Click on the button for My Library Account.
- Click on the link for Preferred Searches.
- You'll find a list of all your saved searches, with the option to remove each one, mark each for e-mail alerts, or repeat the search.
- Saving Searches
- Saving a Search as an Alert
- What is RSS?
- One-Step RSS Search and Journal Alerts
- Creating an Alert from the Search Screen