Return to Title Page
Rockingham County - History
Cities and Towns
Rockingham County and War
Business and Industry
Transportation and Communication
Politics and Government
Immigration and Settlement
Sports, Recreation, Collections
Physical and Natural
[Periodicals & Newspapers]
[Abbreviations & Location Codes]
[Search Full Site]
TIP: To search for a word or phrase on this page, select the Find function from your browser menu.
- Abercrombie, Janice L. Rockingham County Virginia Publick Claims. Athens, Ga.: Iberian Publishing Company, . 45p.: illus.
- Court records during the Revolutionary War that list individuals and what they as citizens either gave, or had impressed, by the militia or armies are printed. For each name it lists what was given and its value. The state government was to offer reimbursement after the War. Useful for genealogical research.
1. Court records - Sources. 2. Revolutionary War, 1775-1783 - Sources. 3. Genealogy - Sources.
EMU-HL HRHS JMU
- Eckenrode, Hamilton J. Virginia Soldiers of the American Revolution. 2 vols. Originally published as the eighth (1912) and nineth (1913) annual report of the Library Board of the Virginia State Library ed. [Richmond]: Virginia State Library and Archives, 1989.
- Volume one is an alphabetical listing of over 35,000 names noting where information is located. Volume two is an alphabetical listing of about 18,000 names, 8,500 unique to the volume.
1. Soldiers - Revolutionary War, 1775-1783. 2. Revolutionary War, 1775-1783 - Registers.