Return to Title Page
Rockingham County - History
Cities and Towns
Rockingham County and War
Business and Industry
Transportation and Communication
Politics and Government
Immigration and Settlement
Sports, Recreation, Collections
Physical and Natural
[Periodicals & Newspapers]
[Abbreviations & Location Codes]
[Search Full Site]
TIP: To search for a word or phrase on this page, select the Find function from your browser menu.
- Keller, Kenneth W. "From the Rhineland to the Virginia Frontier: Flax Production as a Commercial Enterprise." The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography 98, no. 3 (July 1990): -511.
- A scholarly article that includes a discussion, with statistical analysis, of Rockingham County flax production.
1. Flax. 2. Flax industry.
BC EMU-HL JMU
- Harman, Anna M. Just Twenty Years Ago: Tales of Life on a Virginia Farm in the Early 20th Century. Parson, W. Va.: McClain Printing Company, 1991. vii, 88p.: illus., map.
- Farm life in Rockingham County in the early twentieth century is related to the reader in this autobiography. The author's father was the educator John C. Myers. An appendix contains favorite songs and poems.
1. Farm life. 2. Myers, John C., 1876-1962.
- Wilson, Steve A. "Top of the Crop." Curio 14, no. 1 (Summer 1991): 47-48.
- This brief illustrated article is on the Tip Top Fruit Farm just east of Harrisonburg. Owner Ira Boyers and his nephew Andy Boyers are quoted.
1. Tip Top Fruit Farm. 2. Boyers, Ira. 3. Fruit-marketing.