Return to Title Page
Rockingham County - History
Cities and Towns
Rockingham County and War
Business and Industry
Transportation and Communication
Politics and Government
Immigration and Settlement
Sports, Recreation, Collections
Physical and Natural
[Periodicals & Newspapers]
[Abbreviations & Location Codes]
[Search Full Site]
TIP: To search for a word or phrase on this page, select the Find function from your browser menu.
- Recipes from the Shenandoah Valley. 4th ed. [Dayton, Va.]: [Shenandoah Press], 1963. [i], 120p.
- This cookbook is in a three-ring binder in a 3" x 5" size. The cookbook sponsor is the Harrisonburg chapter of the American Association of University Women.
1. Recipes. 2. Cookbooks.
- Recipes from the Shenandoah Valley. [n.p.]: [n.p.], . unpaged.
- This cookbook is sponsored by the Harrisonburg Branch, American Association of University Women.
1. Recipes. 2. Cookbooks.
- Beach, Kristen L. "From Peppers to Pinatas." Curio 14, no. 1 (1991): 62-64.
- Javier Rodriguez, of Harrisonburg, and his Mexican-American food store, El Dorado, are featured in this illustrated article.
1. Rodriguez, Javier. 2. Grocery trade. 3. El Dorado (Store).
- Bishopp, Cameron. "All in the Family." Curio 13, no. 1 (1990): 53-55.
- An illustrated article on area restaurants including the L & S Diner and Bar B-Q Ranch.
1. Restaurants. 2. L & S Diner. 3. Bar B-Q Ranch Restaurant.
- Eastern Mennonite High School. The Flames Cookbook: Favorite Recipes from Eastern Mennonite High School. [Collierville, Tenn.]: [Fundcraft Publishing], . 146, A-F, 16p.: illus., tables.
1. Cookbooks - Eastern Mennonite High School.
- Lorusso, Wendy. "Blue Stone Inn." Curio 12, no. 1 (Summer 1989): 24-26.
- The Olschofka family and the Blue Stone Inn restaurant are featured in this illustrated article.
1. Bluestone Inn. 2. Olschofa family. 3. Restaurants.
- McFadden, Kate. "Counter Culture." Curio 16, no. 1 (Summer 1993): 26-27.
- This illustrated article is on the Waffle House restaurant located on East Market Street in Harrisonburg.
1. Waffle House. 2. Restaurants.
- Michel, Sarah E. "Try the Friendly Skies." Curio 12, no. 1 (Summer 1989): 56-59.
- Sky Yogurt, a Harrisonburg yogurt establishment, is featured in this illustrated article. Michel notes the families that started the business and why they chose to settle in Harrisonburg.
1. Sky Yogurt. 2. Yogurt.
- Neale, Tracey D. "Filling a Bare Cupboard." Curio 11, no. 1 (Summer 1988): 51-55.
- An illustrated article on the Blue Ridge Food Bank and its program to assist the hungry. Although the organization is active throughout the Shenandoah Valley there are references to Rockingham County assistance.
1. Blue Ridge Food Bank. 2. Food banks.
- Sheppard, Tracy. "A Lunch Encounter." Curio 14, no. 1 (Summer 1991): 15-17.
- This illustrated article looks at the lunch counter at the Woolworth Store in Harrisonburg.
1. Woolworth Company. 2. Restaurants.
- The Society of Port Republic Preservationists. Port Republic Community Receipts: Culinary Arts Along the Shenandoah River. Port Republic, Va.: The Society, 1983.
- In addition to an extensive cookbook there are brief historical notes on Port Republic to begin each section.
1. Cookbooks - Port Republic. 2. Port Republic - History.