Return to Title Page
Rockingham County - History
Cities and Towns
Rockingham County and War
Business and Industry
Transportation and Communication
Politics and Government
Immigration and Settlement
Sports, Recreation, Collections
Physical and Natural
[Periodicals & Newspapers]
[Abbreviations & Location Codes]
[Search Full Site]
TIP: To search for a word or phrase on this page, select the Find function from your browser menu.
- Heatwole, Annie L. "Sparkling Springs." The Valley Mennonite Messenger 6, no. 5 and 7 (August 3 and 10, 1967): 3 and 4.
- Two articles (in a series) on the history of Sparkling Springs in west central Rockingham County are printed. The early name of Baxter Spring is noted along with a list of owners at the Springs. A poem written by Heatwole is printed. Originally written in 1953.
1. Springs - Rockingham County. 2. Sparkling Springs. 3. Baxter Spring. 4. Sparkling Springs Company - History.
- Miller, Fred W. "Visit Sky Park on Mole Hill." The Valley Mennonite Messenger 6, no. 12 (September 21, 1967): 3.
- This article is about Glen and Vernie Shank and their "Sky Park" on Mole Hill located west of Harrisonburg.
1. Mole Hill. 2. Shank, Glen. 3. Shank, Vernie
- Smith, Elmer L. "The Magic Mineral Springs." In Valley Folklore - 1970, ed. Elmer L. Smith, 33-34. Harrisonburg, Va.: Elmer L. Smith, 1970.
- This brief article discusses Tide Springs located south of Broadway.
1. Tide Springs. 2. Springs - Rockingham County.
- Stose, G.W. Manganese Deposits of the West Foot of the Blue Ridge, Virginia Virginia Geology Survey Bulletin no. 17. Charlottesville, Va.: University of Virginia, 1919. viii, 166p.: illus., diagrams, folded maps, maps, tables.
- One chapter discusses ore and mines in Rockingham County.
1. Manganese ores.