K.T. Vaughan, Associate Professor, Director, Research & Education Services; Acting Associate Dean
Department(s): Administration, Research & Education Services
Phone: (540) 568-3319
Office: Rose 2305
Liaison To: Center for Faculty Innovation
Acting Associate Dean
* Provide strategic and visionary leadership for Libraries & Educational Technologies (LET) as a member of the Dean’s Executive Council.
* Contribute to strategic planning, policy and partnership development, resource allocation and prioritization, cross-unit program development and assessment, executive-level decision-making, and holistic communication for LET.
* Develop and support LET strategic initiatives and priorities.
* Lead and supervise the following LET departments in Academic Engagement: Music Library, Public Services, Outreach & partnerships, and Research & Education Services.
* Oversee the LET public and staff facilities and spaces. Supervise the Carrier and Rose Libraries building managers team (1.75 FTE).
* Work within Dean’s Executive Council to coordinate decisions concerning expenditures for LET budgets, human resources, and facilities.
* Represent LET to the university administration, to students of the university, and to colleagues in the US and other countries.
Director of Research and Education Services
* Direct the planning, implementation, promotion, and assessment of library liaison services and programs, serving all academic units of the university.
* Oversee library programs and services in information literacy, educational resources, and data services.
* Collaborate with colleagues across the libraries to develop integrated, innovative library services that support teaching and learning across the curriculum.
* Supervise the library liaisons team (13 FTE faculty librarians; 1 FTE staff).
* Collaborate in overall planning and management of Libraries & Educational Technologies.
* Collaborate in overall planning and management of Libraries & Educational Technologies (L&ET)
* Major Libraries & Education Technologies Service: Management Council, Public Services Directors Group, Innovation Fund Initiative (Chair), Stewardship/Advancement Committee
* Major University Service: Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee
* Rank: Associate Professor with tenure
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Information and Library Science, Chapel Hill, NC. May, 2001. MSLS
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. June 1997. AB cum laude. Concentration: Biology
General Info: With her diverse experiences in the sciences, health sciences, scholarly communication, teaching, and management, KT brings an optimistic and inclusive perspective to the leadership of Research & Education Services, Academic Engagement, and the organization as a whole. Her research interests focus on asking questions about - and driving change in - the future of libraries. She is currently thinking about team librarianship, collaborative connections between librarians and instructional designers, outreach to non-traditional users, and career advancement of librarians and library staff.