K.T. Vaughan, Assistant Professor, Director, Rose Library
Department(s): Rose Library Services
Phone: (540) 568-3319
Office: Rose 2305
Liaison To: Health Sciences
• Provide leadership for planning, implementation, promotion, and assessment of Rose Library services.
• Oversee all aspects of Rose Library services, including the information desk, access services, learning commons partnerships, outreach, liaison librarians, and building operations.
• Develop library programs targeted to support STEM-H departments
• Collaborate with colleagues across the libraries to develop integrated, innovative library services that support teaching and learning across the curriculum.
• Oversee the Rose Library team (5 FTE faculty librarians; 9.5 FTE staff; 24-30 part-time student workers)
• Liaison areas: Mathematics & Statistics, Health Sciences; generalist backup to all STEM-H subjects
• Collaborate in overall planning and management of Libraries & Educational Technologies (L&ET)
• Major Libraries & Education Technologies Service: Management Council, Public Services Directors Group, Innovation Fund Initiative (Chair), Stewardship/Advancement Committee
• Major University Service: Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee
• Rank: Assistant Professor, tenure-track; eligible for tenure in spring 2016
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Information and Library Science, Chapel Hill, NC. May, 2001. MSLS
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. June 1997. AB cum laude. Concentration: Biology
General Info: With her diverse experiences in the sciences, health sciences, teaching, and management, KT brings an optimistic and enthusiastic perspective to the leadership of Rose Library and the organization as a whole. Her research interests focus on asking questions about - and driving change in - the future of libraries. She is currently working on projects that include the library''''''''''''''''s role in library student education, team-based library liaison services, teaching data management to chemistry students, and novel outreach programs for scientists and mathematicians.