Hi, Dukes! You’ll use Canvas to manage your JMU courses.
Use Canvas for the first time
- Visit canvas.jmu.edu and log in with your JMU eID and Duo.
- Turn on your Canvas notifications so you can get important information from your instructors.
- If you are in an online class, check the JMU technology requirements for online learning.
Get help with Canvas
- Contact Library Tech Support with your questions about Canvas.
- Contact Ask the Library for all other library services and resources.
- Use the Canvas Student Guide.
- View the Libraries’ Canvas FAQs.
Canvas for Teaching Assistants
If you are a teaching assistant (TA), you may need to submit grades, respond to student work, make edits to online courses, organize files, or add users for a course in Canvas.
TAs need to be aware of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, or FERPA. This is a federal law about the privacy of student grades and other records. Please carefully review this FERPA information from the Registrar.
No matter whether you are using Canvas as a student or as TA, Library Tech Support can answer your Canvas questions. We’re here to help!