July 10 UPDATE – Click & Pickup: Check Out Library Books and Other Materials
Posted on: July 10, 2020
On June 22, 2020, JMU Libraries launched Click & Pickup, a new contactless pickup service that allows our community to request books and other physical materials to be picked up at the entrances to our buildings without interaction with Libraries staff.
IMPORTANT change in early July:
On July 10, we launched a new library catalog with a new process for requesting books and other items. See full instructions for requesting and picking up items below.
Who can use Click & Pickup?
We are offering this temporary service to JMU students, staff, and faculty (as well as registered Community Borrowers *) in an effort to provide expanded access to our physical collections, while fostering community health and prioritizing the safety and health of the Libraries’ staff members who will be processing requests.
What can I check out?
Library materials available via Click & Pickup include:
- Books in the general collection, the browsing collection, or the juvenile collection
- Music scores and collected edition scores
- Movies (DVDs) and audio materials (CDs)
- Reference books
- Government documents
What materials are not available?
At this time, we are not able to include the following materials in the Click & Pickup service: Interlibrary Loan books or other physical ILL materials, Special Collections materials, Course Reserves items, Communication Sciences & Disorders diagnostic tests, microforms, or any library materials stored in off-site storage.
How do I request a book or other material?
Submit an online request and we’ll send you an email with information on where and when to pick up your materials. Details:
- Start on the JMU Libraries home page. Click JMU Library Catalog in the bar under Library Search.
- Use the Search for Articles, Books, and More box to search for the books and other library materials that you would like to request.
- If you would like help searching for items, please Ask the Library.
- Once you have located a book or other physical library material you want, click its title.
- Click Sign in under the Get it heading:
- Sign in with your JMU eID or your Community Borrower* login.
- Click Request for Pickup under the Get It heading.
- On the Request for Pickup screen, choose your preferred pickup location. Please note that, for now, we may need to offer your item(s) at a different library location than the one you requested.
- Under Not needed after, choose the date by which you would no longer want this item.**
- Click Send Request.
- After submitting your request, you will receive an email with information on when and where to pick your materials up in a contactless manner—without in-person interactions with staff members or other patrons. In most cases, you will receive this email one working day after you submit your request (e.g. if you submit a request on Friday, you will probably receive the email on the following Monday).
How do I pick up the materials?
Your materials, which we will check out to you ahead of time, will be in an envelope labeled with your name just inside the front doors of Rose Library, Carrier Library, Music Library, or ETMC, during set days and hours. Details:
- The days/hours during which you can pick up items available at Carrier or Rose are: Mondays-Thursdays 8am-5pm and Fridays 8am-noon.
- The days/hours during which you can pick up items available at the Music Library are: Mondays-Thursdays 10am-noon.
- The email you receive after requesting your items will identify exactly where and when your materials will be available. It will also explain how to pick your materials up without in-person interactions with staff members or other patrons.
- Libraries staff members will wear face coverings and disposable gloves when handling requested materials.
- Once your materials are ready, you will have five days (in most cases) to pick them up before they are reshelved.
- Per Virginia law and JMU guidelines, everyone picking up materials must wear a face covering when in the library building. The doors will not be locked during our service hours—simply enter.
- To protect everyone’s health and safety, we are not able to allow you to enter the building beyond the material pickup area. However, you can Ask the Library online if you have a question when you pick up your materials or afterward.
How long can I keep the materials?
You can keep the materials for their regular checkout period:
- 4 months for books and music scores in the general collection
- 4 weeks for books in the browsing collection, CDs, and DVDs
- 4 days for periodicals, reference books, and collected edition scores
How do I return the materials?
You may return materials via our exterior book drops or by mail.
We will share more information about this temporary service on this page and in future messages. Details of this service may change in response to external developments or safety concerns, so please check here or ask us if you have any questions about this service.
*If you are not a JMU student, staff member, or faculty member, and if you have already registered as a “Community Borrower” with us, then you can use your Library Identification information to log in. We are not registering new Community Borrowers at this time, but we will resume that service when we can.
**We try to fill requests quickly, but it may take considerable time to provide certain items, such as those that are currently checked out. For your safety, materials that had been checked out to others will be placed in isolation for an appropriate amount of time once they are returned to us and before we provide them to you. Once your materials are ready, you will have five days (in most cases) to pick them up before they are re-shelved.
Originally published on June 16, 2020. Updated on July 10 with new request instructions.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News