Group Study and Meeting Rooms
Open Study Space
JMU Libraries offers space for small groups to meet throughout Carrier Library and Rose Library including large work tables and lounge areas with couches and chairs.
- Please respect Quiet Zone signs where posted.
- Find more details about general areas for group work in our Noise and Cell Phone Policy.
First-Come First-Served Group Study Rooms
First-come first-served group study rooms are available in both Carrier Library and in Rose Library.
- All group study rooms are for two or more people. Individuals occupying the room alone will be asked to leave.
- Group study rooms are open to all library visitors during all open hours, with the exception of two group studies located within the Rose Library 24-hour study space and limited to JMU users.
- Personal items left in group study rooms may be removed to the lost and found and will not be considered occupancy of the room.
- Groups exhibiting inappropriate, loud, or disruptive behavior will be asked to leave.
- Use of group study rooms for commercial purposes is prohibited.
Bookable Group Study Rooms
Selected group study rooms within Carrier Library and Rose Library are only available to JMU students, faculty and staff by reservation. Find current availability and book your room through Book a Group Study.
Special Purpose Rooms
A small number of larger meeting rooms and classrooms are also available for special purposes for JMU faculty, staff and students. JMU users may learn more through Book a Group Study.
JMU faculty and area teachers who would like to bring their class to the library for library instruction are encouraged to contact a Liaison Librarian.