Frequently Asked Questions
Search FAQs:   Display FAQs:


All FAQs > Top FAQs

Printer Friendly Version
As a professor, can my T.A. or other student check-out materials on my account?

Professors may give permission for a sponsored student to check out materials on their library account. 

  • 1-time use permission can be given by the professor in written notice that can be sent with the student.
  • Ongoing permission must be given by the professor in person at the Circulation Desk of Carrier Library, Rose Library, ETMC in Memorial Hall or the Music Library.
  • Proxy permission will expire July 31 of the current year; the professor must request an earlier expiration. The professor must resubmit their request for successive academic years.
  • Upon check-out the sponsored student will be required to provide their own ID and the professor’s name. 


  • The professor is responsible for any materials on their record checked-out out by their proxy
  • Spouses can be put in the system under the Community Borrower Policy
  • For special requests see the Circulation Manager
This page last reviewed by Karen Snively on 05/18/2012.

Related Frequently Asked Questions
  • How do I cite sources in my research paper?
  • What is my username and password?
  • How do I tell if a periodical is refereed or peer-reviewed?
  • What is our RefWorks Group Code?
  • Where is a call number located?

    Created: 5/18/2012 4:01:00 PM
    Modified: 6/14/2012 11:10:00 AM
    Hit Count: 2034
    Rating: 1.52 out of 5
    Not Helpful  <-->   Helpful