Liaison Librarian Program
Each academic department has a liaison librarian to ensure that JMU Libraries meets the needs of academic programs.
- offer expert assistance to students who need or request it;
- help students develop research skills in their major field of study;
- collaborate with faculty to design resource-based assignments and assess learning;
- build collections that support the curriculum;
- deliver course-related library instruction; and
- develop subject guides that serve as a gateway to sources and services.