SciFinder is now available via the Web.
You MUST use your jmu.edu email address.
When you select a password it must be:
- Between 7 and 15 characters and meet 3 of the following criteria:
- Contain Letters
- Mixed upper and lower case letters
- Contain Numbers
- Contain at least one non-alphanumberic character (eg. @,#,%,&,*)
If you have any questions related to this process, please contact Alyssa Valcourt, Science and Math Librarian.
SciFinder is available to JMU students, faculty and staff only. Non-JMU users are not authorized to use SciFinder Scholar.
SciFinder provides access to the following Chemical Abstracts databases, plus Medline covering the biomedical literature:
- CAplus — Chemical Abstracts Plus, an index with abstracts for periodicals in chemistry from 1907 the present.
- CAS Registry — an international resource for chemical substance identification.
- CASREACT — information on synthetic organic research.
Back to Chemistry Subject Guide