SciFinder-n is now available.
SciFinder is a comprehensive discovery tool of chemical information. SciFinder-n is the new interface for SciFinder. We currently have access to both versions, but the SciFinder classic interface may be retired in the future.
You MUST use your jmu.edu email address.
When you select a password it must be:
- Between 7 and 15 characters and meet 3 of the following criteria:
- Contain Letters
- Mixed upper and lower case letters
- Contain Numbers
- Contain at least one non-alphanumberic character (eg. @,#,%,&,*)
If you have any questions related to this process, please contact Alyssa Valcourt, Science and Math Librarian.
SciFinder is available to JMU students, faculty and staff only. Non-JMU users are not authorized to use SciFinder classic or SciFinder-n.
Both SciFinder and SciFinder-n provide access to the following Chemical Abstracts databases, plus Medline covering the biomedical literature:
- CAplus — Chemical Abstracts Plus, an index with abstracts for periodicals in chemistry from 1907 the present.
- CAS Registry — an international resource for chemical substance identification.
- CASREACT — information on synthetic organic research.
Back to Chemistry Subject Guide