New Market Poll Books, 1873-1879
- Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University
- New Market. Lee Township. Shenandoah County
- New Market Poll Books
- Collection No.:
- SC 0109
- 1 folder, .08 Cubic Feet
- Language of the Material:
- Shenandoah County poll books dating to the 1870s.
[Identification of item], [box #, folder #], New Market Poll Books, 1873-1879, SC 0109, Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Va.
Poll books were used as a record of citizens who voted in elections.
Scope and Content
This collection contains one folder of ten poll books for elections held in New Market, Lee Township/Magisterial District, Shenandoah County, Virginia, in May and November 1873, November 1874, May and November 1875 and 1877, November 1878, and May and November 1879. Each book is paperbound and contains the oaths of judges and clerks of the election and signatures of electors.
The poll books are arranged chronologically in one folder.
Converted to schema conforming EAD by dtd2schema.vh.xsl.Edited by Kayla Payne 2013-11-21June 2012
Collection is open for research. Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection. Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the James Madison University Special Collections Library to use this collection.
The copyright interests in this collection have been transferred to the James Madison University Special Collections Library. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library Reference Desk (email@example.com).
Purchased by Friends of Carrier Library at Green Valley Auction Barn near Mt. Crawford, Virginia on July 23, 1994.
In order to streamline the process of applying collection numbers, Special Collections staff completed a large-scale renumbering campaign in the spring of 2017. This collection was previously cataloged as SC 2089.
- Voting registers -- Virginia -- New Market
- Elections -- Virginia -- History -- Sources
- Public records -- Virginia -- New Market -- Sources
- Judges -- Virginia -- New Market -- Sources
- Local government -- Virginia -- New Market -- Sources
- Clerks of court -- United States -- Sources
- Virginia -- Officials and employees -- 19th century -- Sources
- Virginia -- Genealogy -- Sources
|New Market Poll Books, 1873-1879||box 1||folder 1|