Rockingham County Circuit Court Receipts, 1875-1882
- Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University
- Rockingham County Circuit Court
- Rockingham County Circuit Court Receipts
- Collection No.:
- SC 0144
- 1 box, .17 Cubic Feet
- Language of the Material:
- Circuit court receipts from 1875-1882 for Rockingham County, Virginia.
[identification of item], [box #, folder #], Rockingham County Circuit Court Receipts, 1875-1882, SC 0144, Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Va.
These documents show court fees for Rockingham County, Virginia during the late 1870s and early 1880s.
Scope and Content
The Rockingham County Circuit Court Receipts, 1875-1882, contain receipts from the Clerk of the Circuit Court, Rockingham County, Virginia, for payment of "order and continuance" and other court fees.
Receipts are arranged alphabetically by surname and housed in groupings in six envelopes within the box.
Converted to schema conforming EAD by dtd2schema.vh.xsl.Edited by Kayla Payne 2013-11-21June 2012
Collection is open for research. Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection. Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the James Madison University Special Collections Library to use this collection.
The copyright interests in this collection have not been transferred to the James Madison University Special Collections Library. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library Reference Desk. (email@example.com).
Deposited by Scott Suter on behalf of the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Historical Society in January 1996.
These documents came in alphabetically-designated pockets in a cloth apron designed for the purpose. Original order has been retained. In order to streamline the process of applying collection numbers, Special Collections staff completed a large-scale renumbering campaign in the spring of 2017. This collection was previously cataloged as SC 3086.
- Virginia. Circuit Court (Harrisonburg, Va.)
- County government -- Virginia -- Harrisonburg
- Public records -- Virginia -- Rockingham County
- Court records -- Virginia -- Rockingham County
- Courts -- Virginia -- Rockingham County
- Justice, Administration of -- Virginia -- Sources
- Local government
- Rockingham County (Va.) -- Sources
- Harrisonburg (Va.) -- Sources
- Harrisonburg (Va.) -- History -- Sources
- Virginia -- History, Local -- Sources
|Applegate-Croushorn, 1875-1882||box 1||folder 1|
|Devier-Holler, 1875-1882||box 1||folder 2|
|James-Omohundro, 1875-1882||box 1||folder 3|
|Pharis-Slade, 1875-1882||box 1||folder 4|
|Sangeton-Shenandoah Land, 1875-1882||box 1||folder 5|
|Turley-Zirkle, 1875-1882||box 1||folder 6|