Price, Agnes Mason Papers, 1930-1935 *JMU Alum Papers*
- Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University
- Price, Mary Agnes Mason, 1912-2014
- Agnes Mason Price Papers
- Collection No.:
- SC 0034
- 2 letter folders, .12 Cubic Feet
- Language of the Material:
- The Agnes Mason Price Papers, 1930-1935, are comprised of materials from Price's time as a student at the State Teachers College at Harrisonburg. The collection includes report cards and receipts.
[identification of item], [box #, folder #], Agnes Mason Price Papers, 1930-1935, SC 0034, Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA.
Mary Agnes Mason (1912-2014) was born in Baskerville, Virginia and matriculated into the State Teachers College at Harrisonburg in 1930. She was an active member of the college's community as a member of the Y.W.C.A. and a critic of the Lanier Literary Society. She earned her B.S. in Home Economics in 1935. Price traveled with her husband J. William Price to Norway, Sweden, and Cuba during his service in the Air Force. In December 2001, she established the Agnes Mason Price Family Scholarship, a need-based scholarship for James Madison University students in the JMU General Education program.
Scope and Content
The Agnes Mason Price Papers, 1930-1935, are comprised of materials from Price's time as a student at the State Teachers College at Harrisonburg. The bulk of the papers consist of receipts for student loans and payments that Mason received while enrolled as a student. The collection also includes used postal envelopes from the State Teachers College, which likely contained receipts. The collection also includes three pamphlets detailing the events of the May Day celebrations at the State Teachers College. Price's report cards, spanning her academic collegiate career, are also included.
The documents are arranged topically in two folders. Folder 1 is further arranged by document type. Folder 2 is further arranged chronologically.
Collection open to research. Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection. Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the James Madison University Special Collections Library to use this collection.
The copyright interests in this collection have been transferred to the James Madison University Special Collections Library. At the request of the Price's family, the report cards will not be made available for digitization. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library Reference Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Transferred to Special Collections by the JMU Alumni Association in March 2013.
The materials were originally sent to Weston W. Hatfield, JMU Associate Vice President, by Bill and Pat Price in March 2013.
Genre and Form
- Report Cards
- Receipts (financial records)
- State Teachers College at Harrisonburg (Harrisonburg, Va.) -- History
- State Teachers College at Harrisonburg (Harrisonburg, Va.) -- Alumni and alumnae
- State Teachers College at Harrisonburg (Harrisonburg, Va.) -- Students
- State Teachers College at Harrisonburg (Harrisonburg, Va.) -- Students -- Social life and customs
- James Madison University -- Students -- History
|Receipts, Envelopes, and Pamphlets, 1930-1935||box 1||folder 1|
|Report Cards, 1930-1935||box 1||folder 2|