Wyatt, Stanley Photographs, 1970-1972 *JMU Alum Papers*
- Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University
- Wyatt, Stanley
- Stanley Wyatt Photographs
- Collection No.:
- SC 0052
- 1 letter folder, .06 Cubic Feet
- Language of the Material:
- The Stanley Wyatt Photographs, 1970-1972, are comprised of seven black-and-white photographs of Madison College and include campus views, construction, and building interiors. The photographs were presumably taken by alum Stanley Wyatt ('74).
[Identification of item], [box #, folder #], Stanley Wyatt Photographs, 1970-1972, SC 0052, Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA.
Stanley Daniel Wyatt of Charleston, West Virginia matriculated to Madison College in the fall of 1970. He was a member of the graduating class of 1974 and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and Geology. While at Madison, Wyatt was a member of the Geological Association and China Watchers. He was also selected by the SGA to serve as a delegate to the Second Annual Conference to the National Student Lobby.
Scope and Content
The Stanley Wyatt Photographs, 1970-1972, are comprised of seven black-and-white photographs of Madison College and include campus views, construction, and building interiors. The photographs were presumably taken by alum Stanley Wyatt ('74). The photographs are each inscribed with a description and are labeled as follows:
1. Construction of Godwin Hall – Fall, 1970 2. Construction of Godwin, 1970-1971 3. Students walking toward Newman Lake (around what is now Bridgeforth Stadium) to walk to class, 2nd semester 1970-1971 (winter) 4. Men's Keezell Locker Room Fall, 1971 5. Muddy Mess Winter, 1971 What later became Godwin Field. Students short-cutting to and from class. Taken from C-wing 6th floor, Eagle Hall 6. A lecture in Duke Auditorium 1971-72 year 7. The old Data Processing Center, bottom of the hill. Sometime during winter/spring of 1971-1972 Black's Run
The photographs are arranged chronologically in one letter folder.
Collection open to research. Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection. Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the James Madison University Special Collections Library to use this collection.
The copyright interests in this collection have been transferred to the James Madison University Special Collections Library. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library Reference Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Stanley Wyatt donated this collection to the James Madison University Alumni Association in April 2012. The materials were subsequently transferred to Special Collections.
The backs of the photographs are tacky as a result of adhesive remains. In an effort to limit their damage to each other, each photograph has been placed in a paper envelope. The inscription on the back of each photograph was transcribed onto the envelope.
Genre and Form
- Black-and-white photographs
- Madison College -- History
- Madison College -- Alumni and alumnae
- Madison College -- Students
- Madison College -- Buildings
- Madison College -- Planning
- James Madison University -- History
- Education, Higher -- Virginia -- Harrisonburg -- History
- Universities and colleges -- Virginia -- Harrisonburg -- History
- Harrisonburg (Va.) -- History
Bluestone, 1973. Harrisonburg (Va.): Madison College.
Bluestone, 1974. Harrisonburg (Va.): Madison College.
Carol Lempe, "Student Lobby Held at GW," The Breeze, March 6, 1973.
|Stanley Wyatt Photographs, 1970-1972||box 1||folder 1|