Timberville Farmers’ Exchange Minute Book, 1919-1929
- Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University
- Timberville Farmers' Exchange
- Timberville Farmers' Exchange Minute Book
- Collection No.:
- SC 0197
- 1 ledger, .3 Cubic Feet
- Language of the Material:
- The collection consists of one 8 3/4" x 14" x 1 1/4" minute book and one folder of loose recorded minutes and other inserts, 1919-1929, for the Timberville Farmers' Exchange, located in Timberville, Virginia.
[identification of item], [box #, folder #], Timberville Farmers' Exchange Minute Book, 1919-1929, SC 0197, Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Va.
According to the 1923 Sanborn Fire Insurance map for Timberville, Virginia, the Timberville Farmers' Exchange warehouse was located on the west side of Main Street, north of what was then the Southern and Baltimore Railroad, now the Norfolk Southern Railroad. Letterhead stationery records the names of the Board of Directors, and states that the Timberville Farmers' Exchange were "Dealers in Flour, Feeds of All Kinds, Hay, Coal, Fertilizers, Lime, Etc."
Scope and Content
The Timberville Farmers' Exchange Minute Book consists of one book and one folder of loose pages and inserts, 1919-1929. The minute book records meetings of the Board of Directors, stock transactions, resolutions passed, as well as descriptions of items sold by the company, including lumber and hog, horse, and dairy feed.
The collection is arranged in two folders: folder one contains the ledger, folder two contains loose pages and inserts.
Converted to schema conforming EAD by dtd2schema.vh.xsl. 2013-11-21
Collection is open for research. Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection. Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the James Madison University Special Collections Library to use this collection.
The copyright interests in this collection have been transferred to the James Madison University Special Collections Library. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library Reference Desk. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Purchased from a private seller in November 2007.
Loose sheets from minute book placed in separate folder in chronological order.
In order to streamline the process of applying collection numbers, Special Collections staff completed a large-scale renumbering campaign in 2017-2018. This collection was previously cataloged as SC 5018.
Genre and Form
- Minutes (administrative records)
- Minute books
- Timberville Farmers Exchange (Timberville, Va.)
- Merchants -- Virginia -- Timberville -- Records and correspondence
- Account books -- Sources
- Business records -- Sources
- Farm supplies
- Rockingham County (Va.) -- Economic conditions -- Sources
- Agriculture -- Virginia -- Rockingham County -- History -- Sources
- Farm supply industries -- Virginia -- Rockingham County
- Virginia -- History, Local -- Sources
Sanborn Map Company, Timberville, Virginia (1923), Microfilm #1716, Carrier Library, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Va.
Garber, Beverly L. Timberville: The Early Years. [S.I.:s.n.], 1993.
|Minute Book, 1919-1929||box 1||folder 1|
|Loose pages and inserts, 1922-1927||box 1||folder 2|