Rockingham Luncheon Ruritan Club Records, 2008-2010
- Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University
- Rockingham Luncheon Ruritan Club
- Rockingham Luncheon Ruritan Club Records
- Collection No.:
- SC 0291
- 1 folder, .08 Cubic Feet
- Language of the Material:
- The Rockingham Luncheon Ruritan Club Records, 2008-2010, comprise administrative records documenting the club's activities. Materials primarily include meeting agendas and minutes.
[identification of item], [box #, folder #], Rockingham Luncheon Ruritan Club Records, 2008-2010, SC 0291, Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA.
The Rockingham Luncheon Ruritan Club was chartered on August 19, 2008 as the first ruritan club in Virginia to provide daytime meetings. Some of their first initiatives included cleaning up the Lincoln Homestead Cemetery, supporting naturalization ceremonies, and donating the Dorothy L. Baugher papers to James Madison University Special Collections. During its first year, the club donated Rudy Ruritan Bears to pediatric patients at Rockingham Memorial Hospital and provided hot dogs and beverages for the Bridgewater Challenger Baseball Team.
Scope and Content
The Rockingham Luncheon Ruritan Club Records, 2008-2010, comprise administrative records including calendars, meeting agendas and minutes, treasurer's reports, club objectives, and correspondence.
The collection is arranged into one folder.
Collection open to research. Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection. Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the James Madison University Special Collections Library to use this collection.
The copyright interests in this collection have been transferred to the James Madison University Special Collections Library. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library Reference Desk (email@example.com).
The records were donated by Dale Harter, member of the Rockingham Luncheon Ruritan Club, in April 2019.
Genre and Form
- Agendas (administrative records)
- Minutes (administrative records)
- Letters (correspondence)
- Calendars (documents by form)
- Harter, Dale F.
- Business records -- Virginia -- Rockingham County
- Rockingham County (Va.) -- History
"Rockingham Luncheon," https://sites.google.com/site/rockinghamdistrictruritan/clubs/zone-3/rockingham-luncheon (accessed May 7, 2019).
|Rockingham Luncheon Ruritan Club Records, 2008-2010||box 1||folder 1|