World War I Posters, ca. 1917 *JMU Records*
- Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University
- World War I Posters
- Collection No.:
- UA 0038
- 1 folder, .38 Cubic Feet
- Language of the Material:
- The collection is comprised of two World War I posters used at the State Normal School for Women at Harrisonburg, ca. 1917: "Stars and Stripes Forever," and a poster advertising enrollment to the State Normal School for Women in order to support the war effort.
[identification of item], [box #, folder #], World War I Posters, ca. 1917, UA 0038, Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA.
Scope and Content
The collection is comprised of two posters related to World War I. "Stars and Stripes Forever" contains the images of George Washington, Woodrow Wilson, and Abraham Lincoln. "Enlist Young Women Now! Your Country and Your State Call You! Great Need for More Trained Teachers," advertises the State Normal School for women at Harrisonburg, and contains a quote by U.S. Commissioner of Education, Dr. P.P. Claxton.
Posters are housed in a folder.
Collection open to research. Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection. Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the James Madison University Special Collections Library to use this collection.
Copyright for Official University records is held by James Madison University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library Reference Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Posters were in the cage at the time of founding. Posters were originally folded and stored with the Lanier, Lee and YMCA bound posters, in collections UA 0026, UA 0027, and UA 0028, respectively.
Genre and Form
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Posters
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Propoganda
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States
- War posters -- History -- 20th century
- Persuasion (Pyschology)
|World War I posters, ca. 1917||Flat File 1||Drawer 1||folder 1|