System Administrator & Developer
Degree: Bachelor of Science
Discipline: Computer Science, James Madison University
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Admin, level I & II
- Red Hat Satellite Admin
- Financial Accounting Level I
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Misc Coursework, School of Hard Knocks
Having worked and trained in the areas of computer science, information technology, retail, management, transportation, and automotive technology, I have an unusual variety of experiences that grant me a unique perspective. My background allows me the tools to view problems at a system level, where I can approach a solution using lessons learned from each field. I consider myself a multipotentialite and a lifelong learner, always in the pursuit of new projects, ideas, and skills.
Library Technology consists of four departments:
- Desktop Support: Supporting library staff with hardware and software needs and managing computing, printing, and scanning in public and classroom spaces.
- Learning Technology Services: Supporting the university’s learning management system (LMS), LMS integrated technologies, classroom interaction, proctoring, and course evaluation software.
- Systems & Operations: Supporting library data center infrastructure, physical and virtual server administration, and installation and maintenance of library systems.
- Web & Application Services: Managing our web presences and web applications in addition to administering video services, collaboration platforms, and library services platforms.