What is Canvas Studio?
Canvas Studio is a communication tool that allows instructors and students to actively collaborate through video and audio media. Canvas Studio directly connects into Canvas and provides many features, like student viewing analytics and interactive quizzing. Studio can also be configured to receive copies of the Zoom recordings you save to the cloud. Canvas Studio is a secure space for hosting and distributing recordings in compliance with campus policies and student privacy; please see Academic Affairs Policy #15 (Class Session Recordings and Distribution) and JMU Policy 2112 (Student Privacy).
Who can use Canvas Studio?
Everybody with a Canvas account will have access to Studio. Instructor/Teacher accounts will will be able to create video-based instruction and interactivity such as engaging student comments, discussions within the video, quizzes.
How do I get started with Canvas Studio?
- How do I use Canvas Studio?
- How do I record a Canvas Studio screen capture video?
- The Instructure Studio Community page has help articles and guides by subject.
How do I connect Zoom to automatically import class recordings to Canvas Studio?
- Authorizing Zoom as a conferencing tool in Canvas (This will create a copy of your Zoom cloud recordings in Canvas Studio)
- Managing Zoom recording upload options in Canvas