Summer Support for Faculty
Posted on: May 19, 2023
JMU faculty, as you take a breath and reflect on this academic year, remember that even though Carrier is closed for construction, we are here to support your research and teaching.
Here are 7 things we can help you with this summer:
- Getting your hands on the research materials you need. Whether you need a scholarly article or rare book, we’ve got you covered! You can request books and other items for pickup at any library desk or for delivery to your campus mailbox. This includes books in storage during construction and books from Interlibrary Loan!
- Fine-tuning your Canvas courses: Our instructional designers can help you optimize your courses for Canvas, and our tech support team can help you with technical issues in Canvas.
- Making your course readings more affordable: We can help you find free and low-cost online textbook options. You can also place materials on course reserve to provide affordable, first-day-of-class access to learning materials for your students.
- Helping your students develop strong research skills: Your liaison librarian can help your students learn skills required for research and information seeking. Learn more or email your liaison librarian to start the conversation.
- Advancing your scholarship: We can help advance your research by consulting with you on topics such as avoiding predatory publishers, creating data management plans, posting your research on our open-access institutional repository to increase its visibility, and more.
- Fitting professional learning into your schedule: This summer, we’re offering five self-paced learning opportunities to support your teaching practices and course design work.
- Finding the help you need: Request a consultation on educational technology topics, creating videos and other media for your teaching, and much more.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News