To retrieve reserve items, use JMU Libraries Library Search and limit your search to Course Reserves.
Note the call number of the desired item in the results list of your search and request it a service desk.
Course Reserve is a service the library offers that allows instructors to place shortened checkout periods on high-use items for class assignments.
- All JMU Libraries materials assigned for your course — textbooks, fiction, non-fiction — can be placed on reserve at the library location of your choosing.
- Personal copies of assigned books and media can also be placed on reserve in most cases.
- For some students who are unable to (or prefer not to) purchase assigned materials, checking them out of the library for short periods of time can be a great alternative.
- Thanks to the new “Course Reading List” feature in Canvas, your course reserve materials can show up right in Canvas next to your other required readings.
- Faculty can provide equitable and affordable access for students by using library licensed or open access materials.
Looking to request a streaming video to be placed in your Canvas course? Visit the Online Instructional Use of Media Collection page.