We are committed to equitable access to Libraries spaces, services, and resources for all students, faculty, staff, and community users.
If you need help please visit the Ask the Library desk in Carrier or Rose Libraries or the service desk in the Music Library, or contact us by email, phone or chat on the Ask page.
For more information about our commitment to diversity, see the JMU Libraries’ Diversity Statement and our Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Standard information about campus buildings is available on the interactive campus map. This includes details under the Accessibility menu item about parking, entrances, and building features.
- Carrier Library
- Rose Library
- Music Building
- Memorial Hall (ETMC)
- Carrier Library has a family / gender neutral restroom on the third floor in the north corner. Rose Library has two family / gender neutral restrooms in the 1st floor 24-hour space.
- Carrier and Rose Libraries each have an Accessible Technology Lab. Students, faculty, and staff interested in using the labs should contact the Office of Disability Services.
- Equipment to checkout
- General use computer workstations, printers, and scanners
- Software available on library computers
- Media viewing room in Carrier
- Study room reservations
- Book & article retrieval (ILL & local delivery)
- E-resource accessibility
- Consultations with liaisons & instructional designers
- MREST support
- Video captioning
- Universal Design for Learning
- Instructional Design with Technology Affordance on Accessibility
- Partnering with ODS (3D printing classroom materials, accessible PDFs for class)
- Office of Disability Services
- JMU Office of Access & Inclusion
- Ask the Library
- Disability Studies LibGuide