The Libraries’ expert instructional designers and technologists can help JMU instructors and faculty meaningfully integrate appropriate technologies into the academic experience.
Whether you’re planning an online course, designing a digital assignment, or seeking advice on teaching strategies, we’re here for you!
To get started with our ed tech and instructional design services, visit or call the Learning Innovations & Desk Desk, request a consultation, or read more below!
For tech support for learning technologies or classroom equipment, please switch to Library Tech Support.
- Consult with us on pedagogy, strategies for enhancing your teaching with technologies, and instructional design
- Take a workshop on creative approaches and technologies for teaching in all modes
- Get expert support for creating digital assignments or digital projects that enhance and transform your teaching
- Schedule technology instruction for students
- Get expert assistance with media production for your teaching
- Visit the The Makery to learn about the tools, supplies, and guidance it provides for tinkering, crafting, and inventing
Expert advice & how-to guides:
- Teach with Canvas at JMU
- Teach with Zoom at JMU
- Teach an online, hybrid, or hyflex course
- Incorporate best practices in your online teaching
- Record and share lectures online
- Learn about our multimedia software and equipment for your teaching
- Find tutorials and manuals for JMU’s classroom equipment
- Read about our teaching/technology spaces: The Makery, 3SPACE, or video profuction studio
- Learn about Artificial Intelligence (AI) and ChatGPT in Teaching and Learning
Self-paced professional learning
We also provide self-paced professional learning opportunities that support your course design work and teaching practices. They are designed to fit into your schedule and help you achieve your goals.
Other support for teaching with technology at JMU:
- Library Tech Support experts support classroom technology/equipment, Canvas, and more.
- JMU IT provides training, information, and tech support on various technologies that you may use in the course of teaching.
- The Center for Faculty Innovation offers teaching consultations and more.
- The Office of Disability Services offers an Accessible Media and Technology program and other resources and services.
- The JMU Communication Center (part of the Learning Centers) offers faculty support and resources.
- JMU X-Labs helps faculty who teach X-Labs courses transform a standard classroom lesson into a dynamic, collaborative experience, whether students are in person or virtual. Their technology and spaces are designed to help instructors and students experience learning at a new level, with systems like Epson Interactive Displays, Bluescape visual collaboration platform, Mersive Solstice, ThinkHub, and AI cameras. For more information and availability, contact email@example.com.