How Do I Get a Day Permit to Park at JMU?
- Visitors who are not JMU students or employees can pick up a free day permit that allows parking in any faculty/staff or student lot. Just stop by JMU Parking Services at 280 Champions Dr, Harrisonburg, VA 22807 during their business hours and present your driver’s license and license plate number.
- JMU faculty, staff, and students can purchase a day permit online for $5 that allows parking in any faculty/staff or student lot.
- Special event parking: Check the event page to see if free parking has been reserved in a designated lot.
- 15-minute parking: If you are just picking up, dropping off, printing, or scanning items, you can use one of the four 15-minute parking spaces next to JMU Libraries Express (1050 S. Main Street) without a parking permit.
Where Are the Closest Parking Lots to Each Location?
- Visit the Parking and Transit Services website for parking maps.
- Check out the HDPT Buses on Campus page for bus routes and biking information.
Contact JMU Parking and Transit Services at 540-568-3300.