Dukes, we are here to support you as you learn, research, create, and play at JMU. Whether you’re new to JMU, a returning student, a transfer student, a part-time student, or a graduate student, we want to help you succeed!
Get a quick overview of library resources and services in our 90-second video — or check out what JMU students can do with JMU Libraries’ services and resources:
- Use Canvas: Learn how to get started with Canvas at JMU
- Use Zoom or Webex: Learn how to use Zoom and Webex at JMU.
- Succeed in online learning: Get tips for taking online or hybrid classes.
- Level up your skills in technology, software, leadership, business, communication, and other areas, with LinkedIn Learning.
Read, study, and research
- Get help finding resources for a paper or assignment in an appointment with a librarian.
- Get articles: Use Library Search or a database to find online journal articles—or read newspaper articles.
- Connect from off-campus: Most of the Libraries’ online resources are available online from anywhere. Learn how to connect to the Libraries’ resources from off-campus.
- Find something fun to read in our book displays in Carrier and Rose Libraries and online, or in our Fun Reads and Movies guide.
- Find other online tools and information in our Research Guides, organized by subject.
- Get items not in JMU Libraries: Request articles, books, and book chapters via Interlibrary Loan.
- Manage your citations with Zotero and learn about citing sources in your writing. Check out the Writing Center in SSC for more writing help and resources!
- Find your favorite study space, including group study rooms, in one of our library spaces. Take a quick virtual tour in this video:
Create and play
- Scan, print, or use our software: Printing, scanning, and software available in the Libraries
- Create, tinker, craft, invent, and discover: Visit our makerspaces with 3D printing, VR equipment, sewing machines, and more.
- Produce digital media: Check out multimedia equipment for digital media production or presentations, or use our narration room and multimedia editing software.
- Grow something: Choose some free seeds at our Community Seed Library in the Carrier Library lobby.
- Explore all things music in the Music Library.
We are here to support all JMU Dukes.
Please don’t hesitate to ask us for help. Visit our Ask the Library page to contact us. Whether you have a question about Canvas, or want help with research, or need any other information, we are here for you!