Your instructors may use synchronous conferencing tools such as Zoom or Webex for real-time interaction (with video and audio) for online or hybrid classes.
On this page, you’ll find advice on getting started on learning with Zoom or Webex at JMU. For personalized help, contact the JMU IT Help Desk (for questions about Zoom or Webex outside of Canvas) or the Library Tech Support team (for questions about Webex in Canvas).
Zoom for students
Zoom is a synchronous online communication system supported by JMU. Learn more on JMU IT’s Zoom page.
Students can host Zoom meetings for group work and other virtual meetings.
Get help with Zoom
- Contact JMU’s IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (540) 568-3555 for questions about using Zoom at JMU.
- Use Zoom’s Help Center.
- View LinkedIn Learning courses on Zoom.
Use Webex as a JMU student
Webex is an online web conferencing tool supported by JMU. Learn more on JMU IT’s Webex page.
Students can host Webex meetings for group work and other virtual meetings. Log in with your eID and password at jmudukes.webex.com. In these meetings, you can share files, chat face-to-face using video, and share your screen to display professional virtualized presentations.
Get help with Webex
- Contact Library Tech Support with questions about using Webex in Canvas.
- Contact the IT Help Desk at email@example.com or (540) 568-3555 with questions about Webex outside of Canvas.
- Use the Webex Help Center.
- View LinkedIn Learning courses on Webex.
- View the Libraries’ Webex FAQs.