The Music Library in the basement of the Music Building offers a variety of software and equipment to all JMU students and employees.
MusiCommons: The Music Library’s Media and Computer Lab
The 20 Mac workstations offer users significant computing and media resources to support learning and research in a technological music world:
- Scanning (Free)
- Printing: black & white only; payment by FLEX only.
- Internet browsing/searching
- Microsoft Office:
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 11
- Sibelius (music notation)
- Access to all internet library resources
- Wireless connectivity and wireless printing (JMU users only)
Recording Transfer Station
This station provides users the ability to play back and transfer many audio formats (including vinyl/LP or cassette). Additionally, you may request Music Library staff digitize material (including Music Library Special Collections material) using our professional equipment. For questions about video support for faculty, please contact Media Production instead. For other equipment available from the Libraries, please visit Equipment Loans.
Equipment for use in the MusiCommons
(4 hour loan)
- Headphone Splitters (For multiple users)
- Headphone adaptors
- MIDI Keyboards
- Computer Mice (may leave the library)
Equipment available for Check-out
(3 day loan)
- Audio and Video Recording Equipment
- USB Apple Superdrives (CD/DVD drives)
Please return equipment to the Music Library. 3-day equipment loans are for JMU patrons only.
For other equipment available from the Libraries, please visit Equipment Loans.