Hours This Week:
The Music Library is not just for music students. See this list of Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do in the Music Library to learn more about services and resources available to everyone at JMU.
- The Music Library is located on the basement level of the Music Building on the quad.
- Open study space: The Music Library has a study space with soft seating and computer access available to everyone at JMU.
- Media and computer lab: Learn more about the MusiCommons media and computer lab in the “Technology” section below.
- Art gallery: The little Gallery Underground, a place for music visualized, is a small gallery in the Music Library featuring art that has a connection to music.
- 20 Mac workstations with external disc drives: These computer stations are equipped with a variety of technologies.
- Printers & scanning equipment: JMU has a pay-for-print system using either FLEX money or a DART card. You can print from our general use computers or from a personal computer with wireless printing installed. Only black and white printers are available in the Music Library. Scanning is free. You can save your scans to USB, send them to a jmu.edu email address, or print them in the library.
- External disc drives: Available for checkout at the Ask the Library desk.
- Recording Transfer Station: Playback and transfer many audio formats (including LP and Cassette).
- Equipment: Music Library Technology includes audiovisual and other equipment for use in the Music Library and equipment for checkout.
- The Music Library is home to books whose call numbers start with M or MT, music special collections, music reference sources, and sound recordings.
- Rotating exhibits featuring subsets of the Music Library collections are featured in the building and online.
- Everyone is welcome to visit the JMU Libraries and access many of our collections, spaces, and services while in library buildings. All visitors are expected to follow the JMU Libraries Conduct Policy.
- Guest wireless access: Visit the Ask the Library desk to receive the password for the “JMU Visitors” network.
- Printing: DART cards can be purchased with cash to pay for printing on campus. Visit the DART machine located near the Ask the Library desk in Rose Library.
- Parking: A parking permit must be hung from the rear-view mirror and may be obtained Monday-Friday 7:00 am – 4:30 pm at the ground-level office of the Champions Parking Deck, and online through JMU Parking Services. The Parking Services website includes helpful campus parking maps.
- Learn more: JMU Libraries Services for Visitors
You can also get a virtual tour by watching this short video about the Music Library.