16 Fun Things to Do in JMU Libraries
Posted on: July 9, 2021
There’s a reason JMU Libraries has over 1.5 million visitors per year! Besides offering a variety of great places to study, it’s a wonderful place to socialize, learn new skills, and explore. Swing by JMU Libraries to get to know one of the most popular destinations on campus.
- Choose seeds to plant from the JMU Community Seed Library (1st floor)
- Browse our extensive DVD collection (1st floor)
- Take a photo with the Joan of Arc statue (1st floor)
Carrier or Rose Libraries
- Get drinks or food from Starbucks (1st floor)
- Peruse themed book displays (1st floor)
- Ask literally any question at an Ask the Library desk! (1st floor)
- Take a peek at our 3D printers, sewing machines, laser cutters, and more in The Makery (our two makerspaces in Carrier and Rose) to see all the ways you can tinker, create, and play in the Libraries with the support of our knowledgeable staff (basement in Carrier, 1st floor in Rose)
- Explore JMU’s past by looking through JMU yearbooks from yonder year (ask for the location at an Ask the Library desk)
- Visit the Gandhi statue (1st floor)
- Check out the diversity mosaic (1st and second floor)
- Enjoy puzzles, games, and magazines on the 2nd floor
- Try to spot Mole Hill Volcano from the 4th floor
- Check out the art in The “little” Gallery Underground
- Browse our cd collection
- Listen to live music (check for upcoming events)
- Make your own mixes and mashups in the MusiCommons lab
We look forward to seeing you as you explore all our Library spaces!
Looking for a place to study? Check out our Top Places to Study in JMU Libraries.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News