JMU Libraries staff use professional video and audio recording equipment to create instructional content for JMU faculty and staff. Faculty and staff coordinate with Libraries staff to use our professional video production studio located on the 5th floor of Rose Library, and we also offer on-location video recording services.
The video production studio is equipped with the following amenities:
- Professional video and audio recording devices, lighting, and various backdrops
- HoverCam Solo document camera
- Camtasia (screen capture software)
Examples: We can assist with video recordings for a variety of purposes, including:
- pre-lab demonstration
- class introductions
- in-studio interviews of subject matter experts
- video abstracts
- narratives (scenarios, skits, or stories that help with the facilitation of learning)
- short lectures or modules used in JMU courses
- select informational videos (depending on the scope and nature of the project)
Get Started: To request help with a video project or use our other Media Production Support for faculty, please fill out our consultation request form (and select Media Production from the list).