New Virtual Office Hours for Assessment and Grading
Posted on: November 9, 2021
Drop by our new virtual office hours to learn more about features of Canvas and pedagogical principles for learning assessment, including how to make your quizzes and exams more accessible and your grading more efficient.
Topics may include:
- Linking Gradebook to Assignments, Assignment Groups, and Quizzes in Canvas for more efficient grading
- Making Canvas quizzes and exams more accessible
- Proactively planning for accommodations for students with disabilities. If you need your students to engage with the Office of Disability Services (ODS) for accommodations, be sure they know to make reservations as early as possible. Learn more at ODS’s Faculty Final Exam Guide.
- Using the Formula Question tool in Canvas to simplify grading and make assessment more equitable for formula-based questions
- Effective use of learning assessment strategies
- Evaluating your options for providing feedback to students
- Redesigning in-person learning assessment methods for an online environment
Sign up now:
Facilitators: Dr. Costel Constantin (Libraries Faculty Associate from Physics and Astronomy) will share from personal experience applying these features in his science courses. Jessica Lantz (Libraries Instructional Designer) will be available to answer questions.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News