JMU Libraries provides library and educational technology resources and services for staff and faculty. Our enthusiastic and expert assistance, vibrant programming, and caring approach help advance your teaching, learning, research, and creative exploration. View this information as a brochure (PDF).
We support your use of educational technologies with:
- Consultations with instructional designers and educational technologists
- Tech support for Canvas, Webex, TurnItIn, Respondus, clickers, Knowmia and Blue course evaluations
- Resources for online or hybrid teaching
- Workshops on creative approaches and technologies for teaching and scholarship in traditional, online, and blended environments
- Support for digital projects that enhance, transform, and promote scholarship, teaching, and learning
- Support for media production for instructional purposes, including a professional studio, a narration room, and multimedia editing software
- Multimedia equipment to check out, including laptops, projectors, and more
- Classroom technology services
- Makerspaces with 3D printing, VR equipment, and more
- Technology instruction for your students
- Digital tools for teaching with images and videos
- Printing, scanning, and software in the Libraries
We support your research, scholarship, and creativity with:
- Liaison librarian for your department
- Research guides for your department
- Collections and scholarly resources, including journals, databases, and more.
- Open educational resources
- Delivery of library books and materials to a faculty/staff department mailbox or a library location
- Online resources available off campus
- Support for your research and projects, including digital scholarship
- Instruction for students on information literacy, research skills, and technology skills
- Integration of Special Collections materials into research and instruction
- Interlibrary Loan
- Scan & Deliver and other document delivery options
- Course Reserves
- Consultations and support for discovery and management of research data
- Copyright and intellectual property consultations
- Digital tools for organizing and teaching with images and videos
- Makerspaces that encourage creativity, brainstorming, exploring, rethinking, problem-solving and curiosity
- JMU Scholarly Commons: an open-access institutional repository for sharing your scholarship
- Services for Music faculty
You’ll also find a seed library, a little gallery, and more!
- Community Seed Library – in the Carrier Library lobby
- A variety of art and exhibits – in our four facilities and online
- Book displays – in Carrier and Rose Libraries and online
- Fun Reads and Movies – find staff picks, award winners, and more
We’re here to help you, our faculty and staff colleagues.
- Not sure how to get what you need? Visit our Ask the Library page or service desk and we’ll help you!
- View this information as a brochure (PDF).