What is illumira?
Digital media hosting service for JMU faculty and staff to upload and share instructional video and audio. illumira Video Hosting is for media used on a regular basis by a course or for active collaboration, not for long term storage or archiving.
- Request illumira Upload Privileges – do this one time only
- Claim Classroom Recordings in illumira
– Note you must have been granted Upload Privileges first!
- Log in to illumira
How Do I Use illumira?
- Claiming Classroom Recordings
- Uploading Videos in illumira
- How do I create and share a playlist?
- How do I create a template?
- How do I find my videos?
- How do I delete in bulk?
- illumira FAQ
- Complete illumira Documentation
- Public/private/JMU-only access: Control who can access the videos.
- Multiple Device Support: Videos play on almost any browser and operating system, including iPads, iPhones and Androids.
- illumira creates multiple versions of uploaded videos to accommodate various bandwidths
- Embed videos in Canvas or on other websites: standard, widescreen, and mobile-friendly formats.
- Playlists of videos and clips that can be shared with others via URL.
For questions or concerns regarding illumira please contact: LETSupport@jmu.edu
illumira Video Hosting
Hosting service for JMU faculty and staff to upload and share instructional video and audio. illumira is for media used on a regular basis by a course or for active collaboration, not for long term storage or archiving