What to Expect in the Libraries During Finals
Posted on: April 16, 2021
Each semester during finals week, the Libraries are the hot place to be to get some serious studying, paper-writing, and presentation-practicing done. This semester should be very similar, but here are a few notable changes to keep in mind.
If you’ve been a student on campus for a few years, you’re probably familiar with the fact that the Libraries used to stay open for 24 hours for the duration of finals week. This year, to keep students, staff, faculty, and community members safe, here are the hours for finals week:
- Saturday, May 1st – 7:30am-6:00pm
- Sunday, May 2nd – 12:00pm-5:00pm
- Monday, May 3rd to Wednesday, May 5th – 7:30am-10:00pm
- Thursday, May 6th – 7:30am-6:00pm
- and on Friday, May 7th to Sunday May 9th – we will be closed
Ask the Library Chat Hours
We highly recommend utilizing the Ask the Library Chat! You can have your questions answered in real time by our Libraries experts. The regular chat availability can be seen on the Libraries Hours page, and here are some finals week modifications to the chat schedule:
- Saturday, May 1st: chat will close for the day
- Thursday, May 6th: chat will end at 5pm
Alternate Study Spaces
If the Libraries aren’t your thing, that’s okay – we won’t take it personally. Here are some other places on campus to study that might suit you.
COVID Guidelines to Keep in Mind
All Stop the Spread Guidelines will remain in effect during finals week. These include:
- No food or drink
- Wear your mask
- Don’t move furniture
- and show your LiveSafe green check.
View the detailed guidelines here, or watch the video below!
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News