School of Music Performance Collection
James Madison University School of Music Performance Collection is a growing set of audio and video recordings that document most performances affiliated with JMU's School of Music from 1956 to the present. The collection consists primarily of reel-to-reel tapes, u-matic video tapes, VHS videotapes, cassette tapes, digital audio tapes (DATs), and compact discs. Recordings are assigned a call number according to their performance date and are stored in a climate-controlled facility within the Music Library.
Access to original recordings is limited. The recordings may be listened to within the Music Library.
To listen to a recording in the Music Library, please contact staff to make an appointment.
To request a copy:
- JMU School of Music students and faculty may request a copy of their own performances, only. Your name must appear on the program. No proxies, written or otherwise, will be honored. Charges are waived for current faculty and students.
- All other duplication requests must meet the following conditions:
- Copies are for private educational use of the person ordering (e.g. Dissertation)
- The work is not available commercially for sale, hire, or rent
- The work may not be duplicated without express written permission of JMU
For questions or comments about the collection or this site, please contact the Music Library at (540) 568-6041 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.