Our organization has set the following strategic priorities in pursuit of our mission and to become an increasingly welcoming, inclusive part of the campus community:
JMU Libraries Strategic Priorities 2021-2024
- We will pursue organizational excellence: providing high-quality library and educational technology services and resources to our campus community, living fully our Libraries values, and working to realize our statement of aspirational culture.
- We will prioritize inclusion, diversity, equity, and access in all aspects of our work, and undertake self-examination and concrete action to become an actively anti-racist and anti-discriminatory organization.
- We will document and integrate lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic to promote ongoing organizational resilience: solidifying our campus partnerships and internal collaborations, advancing our virtual services and resources, and prioritizing a flexible and supportive working environment.
- In partnership with Furious Flower Poetry Center, we will conclude our Flowerings planning grant activities and begin implementing a new, community-centered model for integrated Libraries support of a living, interdisciplinary and archival center for scholarship and the arts.
- We will plan for Carrier Library Renovation and Expansion, creating a safe and welcoming building for all members of our community, applying lessons learned, and more fully integrating paper-based and digital archives with spaces for creativity, interpretation, discovery, and display.
- We will review progress on our APR implementation plan, evaluate and implement remaining recommendations, and prepare for our next Academic Program Review.