Camtasia is a lecture capture tool designed to help instructors record, edit, and share instructional videos. Instructors can screen-capture presentations or record their lectures for asynchronous learning. Camtasia provides instructors with editing options to add annotations, transitions, effects, and animations. Camtasia is a great option for faculty and staff wanting more control of their video productions, file management, and sharing options.
Visit the links below to learn more about Camtasia:
Who can use Camtasia?
Faculty and staff can use Camtasia. JMU Libraries offers one-on-one training for this tool (see below).
How do I get started using Camtasia?
Faculty and staff can download Camtasia through the JMU Libraries website by following the steps below.
- Log in to this page about Camtasia with your JMU eID and password
- Select “Download Camtasia from Techsmith”
- Select the appropriate operating system for the download
- Launch the downloaded file and follow install procedures
- Open Camtasia
- Enter the Camtasia access key provided here
View a slideshow guide for faculty on using Camtaisa.
Where can I get help/support?
Camtasia offers technical support and training.
For consultation or support with teaching and learning with Camtasia, contact JMU Libraries’ Learning Innovations & Design Desk:
- Location: Learning Innovations & Design Desk, online or in Rose Library
- Phone: (540) 568-6799 (Press 3)
- Email: Letsupport@jmu.edu
- Request a Consultation: choose “instructional design” on our Consultation & Instruction Form