Design for Learning Institute
Posted on: May 9, 2022
JMU faculty members are invited to join a learning community of JMU experts, peers, and mentors as you develop or redesign a course. Learn more about this self-paced Canvas-based institute or enroll by June 2.
Why join? You’ll gain practical teaching tips and assessment strategies for a digital learning environment as you progress through this institute at your own pace, with instructional designers ready to provide customized support.
This self-paced institute is ideal for instructors who want to:
- Build a well-organized course with clear directions, scheduling, and navigation
- Use videos and other media effectively, both inside and outside of class
- Create clearly articulated assignments (with accompanying rubrics)
- Enhance student engagement in large enrollment classes using group activities
- Pursue technology solutions to streamline grading
- Facilitate asynchronous and synchronous peer interaction
This institute evolved from the Institute for Online & Hybrid Learning. Join the Canvas course by June 2 to participate in Summer 2022. After you click Join the Canvas course and log in with your JMU eID and password, click the “Enroll in Course” button.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News