Textbooks can be expensive. Open textbooks can help alleviate the burden of textbook costs for students. They also allow you to tailor your course materials to achieve specific learning outcomes, prioritize equity and inclusion, and more.
This asynchronous online workshop will introduce you to open textbooks and allow you to explore existing open textbooks available for your courses. After you complete the workshop, you will be eligible to write a review of an open textbook and receive a $200 stipend. The stipend is funded by VIVA, Virginia’s Academic Library Consortium.
Apply online by March 1, 2024 to participate in Spring 2024.
At the completion of this self-paced workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand barriers to student success
- Identify priorities for evaluating quality course materials
- You can complete this self-paced online workshop any time between January 16 and March 10, 2024
- The application to join is open until March 1, 2024
- Textbook reviews will be due by April 21, 2024