Textbooks can be expensive. Open textbooks can help alleviate the burden of textbook costs for students. They also allow you to tailor your course materials to achieve specific learning outcomes, prioritize equity and inclusion, and more.
Apply by July 28 to join our asynchronous online workshop that will introduce you to open textbooks and allow you to explore existing open textbooks available for your courses. After you complete the workshop, you will be eligible to write a review of an open textbook and receive a $200 stipend. The stipend is funded by VIVA, Virginia’s Academic Library Consortium.
Apply by July 28, 2022.
- You can complete this self-paced online workshop any time between May 9 and August 5, 2022
- The application is open until July 28, 2022
- Textbook reviews will be due by September 19, 2022
At the completion of this self-paced workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand barriers to student success
- Identify priorities for evaluating quality course materials